Artificial Plants vs. Real Plants
You might be wondering why choose artificial plants instead of the real stuff so in this short article we have collected some of the pros and cons of each option.
Advantages of artificial plants
- You don't have to worry about them having any parasites on them or carrying any diseases like the real plants can.
- The second point is that they are not going to cost as much money as the real plants and they will look similar. You can even buy them in a wider variety of colors like you would find real plants in.
- The third advantage is if you are planning on putting the artificial plants inside of an aquarium, then you don't have to worry about them getting damaged or clogging up the filters. Also, the plant will be able to keep their shape for a little bit longer than the real plants would.
Disadvantages of artificial plants
- They contain chemicals and some earlier versions can be harmful to the environment. In rare cases, sensitive people might have trouble breathing around the fake plants.
- Not all of them are bio-degradable. This means that the substances that the plant are made out of cannot be easily broken down and can contribute to plastic pollution.
- They also can't breathe so they don't use carbon dioxide and supply oxygen like real plants do. The only thing that these plants do for your place is to enhance the look of your home.
Advantages of real plants
- The first advantage of having a real plant is that they can help reducing the stress that you might feeling. When you have a real plant in your home, it's a piece of nature so you can relax better around it.
- They help to improve the quality of the air that you are breathing. This is because they reduce the levels of carbon dioxide inside of the room, increase the humidity, help keeping the air temperatures down, reduce the amount of airborne dust and pollutants in the air.
- They can also lower the amount of background noise so that the environment is a lot more comfortable for everyone around. If you live close to an area that has a lot of noise, then it might be a good idea to purchase a few plants for your home.
Disadvantages of real plants
- There is a chance that you could be allergic to the plants. If you suffer from pollen allergies or have trouble with the smell of perfume, then you might not be able to handle plants inside of your home.
- The second possibility is that they can contain black mould. Many plants require lots of water and a moist soil which is an ideal place for the black mould to live. This is something that can cause serious health issues for sensitive people.
- The third disadvantage is the pests that might be living with some plants. They can be common breeding grounds of insects and grubs.
So there you have it, this short list can give you some ideas to think about before making a plant buying decision.
If you end up opting for artificial plants, you happen to be in just the right place to browse around :)